Who is Jesus?
Who Is Jesus Christ?
In His Own Words...
- I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, so take my yoke upon you, and learn from me. (Matt 11:29)
- I am the Christ (Matt 24:5)
- I am the Son of God (Matt 27:43)
- I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. (John 6:35)
- I am the bread that came down from heaven.(John 6:41)
- I am the bread of life. (John 6:48)
- I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh. (John 6:51)
- I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John 8:12)
- I am the door of the sheep. (John 10:11)
- I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. (John 10:9)
- I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. (John 10:11)
- I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. (John 10:14-15)
- I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. (John 11:25-26)
- I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)
- I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. (John 14:20)
- I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
- I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God. (John 20:17)
Jesus is both Savior and Judge
- Jesus is the Savior of the world (1 John 4:14, Acts 5:31, Acts 13:23, Eph 5:23, Phil 3:20, John 4:42)
- Jesus is the Judge of the world (John 5:22,27,30; John 9:39; Acts 10:42; Acts 17:30-31; Rom 2:16; 2 Cor 5:10; Jam 5:9; 2 Tim 4:8; Matthew 25:31-46; Rev 19:11)
1 John 4:14 (ESV)
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
Acts 5:31n (ESV)
God exalted him [Jesus] at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
Acts 13:23 (ESV)
Of this man's offspring God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus, as he promised.
Ephesians 5:23English Standard Version (ESV)
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Philippians 3:20 (ESV)
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
John 4:42 (ESV)
They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this [Christ Jesus] is indeed the Savior of the world.”
John 5:22,27,30 (ESV)
22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son
27 And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.
30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
John 9:39 (ESV)
Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.”
Acts 10:42 (ESV)
And he [Jesus] commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he [Jesus] is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
Acts 17:30-31 (ESV)
30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, 31 because he has fixed a day on which he [God] will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed [Jesus Christ]; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”
Romans 2:16 (ESV)
on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:10 (ESV)
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
James 5:9 (ESV)
Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge [Jesus] is standing at the door [see Rev 3:20].
2 Timothy 4:8 (ESV)
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
Revelation 19:11 (ESV)
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he [Jesus] judges and makes war.
Matthew 25:31-46 (ESV)
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
What Jesus Came to Give Us
An Example of How a Spiritually Alive Person can Live and Not Sin
Complete Forgiveness for All of Our Sins
Spiritual Life - Relationship With God
Freedom From the Works of the Evil One